- Coping with Divorce Cultivating Your Child’s FeelingsPosted 322 days ago
- Tips For Parents To Find More Time In Your Busy SchedulePosted 322 days ago
- 10 Tips Of Keeping The Marriage Happy While ParentingPosted 323 days ago
- How To Deal With Unwanted Parenting AdvicePosted 323 days ago
- Five Things Every Parent Of A Special Child Should KnowPosted 324 days ago
- Traditional Remedies To Improve Fertility NaturallyPosted 324 days ago
- Prenatal Massages Various Benefits For The Expectant MotherPosted 324 days ago
5 Weeks Pregnant
Changes in 5 Weeks Pregnant
Changes In Mother
During this week you may not show any external symptoms of pregnancy . Some of the pregnant women may have bloating in their abdomen. Many women may have their pregnancy symptoms from this week onwards.
You may feel discomfort due to the soreness of the breast and may want to urinate more frequently. Most of the pregnant women start to develop nausea and fatigue at this point. If you have extreme fatigue then take rest.
Fetal Growth During 5th Week
During the 5th week of pregnancy the baby will be not more than a millimeter of length. You can equate your baby’s size to that of a small grain of rice. Its having a shape of a tadpole than that of human being during this period.
The most important change that happens during this period is the development of heart from the mesoderm which is the middle layer of cells and its division in to separate chambers. Heart may start to pump blood too. It may have a more regular rhythm too.
Most of the major organs like liver and kidney start to grow. The neural tube that links the brain and the spinal chord also start to develop from the ectoderm which is the top layer of cells. The lower and upper limb buds that leads to the development of legs and arms can also be seen during this period. Endoderm which is the third layer of cell also develop in this week which in turn lead to the development of lungs, thyroid, intestine, pancreas and appendix.
Head can be distinguished from the structure and you can see the initial development of mouth, eye and nostrils. Even the retina of the eye may also start to develop. By closely watching the ultra sound scan you can see small folds in place of lower jaw and neck. During the 5th week umbilical cord and primitive placenta will also start its growth.
Try to drink and eat healthy foods during this period as your baby requires nutrients for its proper growth. Also try to avoid caffeinated products and alcoholic beverages as it may harm your baby.