Some women experience many signs and symptoms to tell them that they are pregnant. But some experience very few symptoms of pregnancy. It is important to confirm a pregnancy as early as possible so that you can start on prenatal care.
Following are the signs which tell you that you are pregnant. But these signs are not unique to pregnancy, you may simply be sick. The symptoms of pregnancy differ from person to person.
• Missed period: A missed menstrual cycle is one of the sure shot signs of pregnancy. Pregnancy test requires that you have missed a period before taking the test. But missing a period may be due to other reasons also like stress, illness etc.
• Implantation bleeding: Some women experience a light vaginal bleeding around 10 to 12 days after conceiving. It is because the fertilized egg burrows itself into the lining of uterus. It is a bit earlier than regular date of periods.
• Swollen breasts: Due to hormonal changes, the breasts tend to get swollen around 2 weeks after conception. They become fuller, heavier and very sensitive. Skin around nipples may become darker.
• Frequent urination: If you are taking very frequent trips to bathroom, it can help you to judge if you are pregnant. It happens because the uterus starts expanding to accommodate the baby which applies pressure to the bladder.
• Cravings for certain foods: You may experience very strong craving for certain foods if you are pregnant. You may also develop very strong liking or disliking for certain smells.
• Fatigue and headache: It is a very early sign to indicate pregnancy. Changes in hormones, lowering of blood pressure causes fatigue during early pregnancy.
• Feeling nauseated and dizzy: It is one of the very common signs of detecting early pregnancy. Though it is also known as morning sickness but it can happen at any time of the day.
If you are in tune with your body, you can detect your pregnancy at a very early stage. An understanding of the above signs will help you understand that you are not experiencing anything unusual and it happens to most of the women in first trimester of pregnancy. You can prepare yourself and your partner for dealing with early pregnancy in a proper manner.