Being a parent it is your responsibility to teach your children discipline, moral values and etiquette. At times, your kids may disobey you, there may be other interruptions as well but you have to be enduring whether they are infants, tween or teens.
There are some good parenting books, which will help you to nurture your children and enhance your relationship with them
1. Life Lessons: Father to Son, Father to Daughter, Mother to Son, Mother to Daughter by Harry & Melissa HarrisonThis book covers everything for your child from his childhood to teenage. The book contains advices from real life mothers and fathers who have years of experience in raising their children.
Mother to Daughter and Father to Daughter contain advice for mothers and fathers of girls respectively. Father to Son and Mother to Son have guidance for fathers and mothers of boys respectively.
2. Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers by Tracy Hogg, Melinda Blau
This book is mainly about the behavior of toddlers, which will help the parents of toddlers to deal with different behavioral issues in them.
3. The New Basics: A-to-Z Baby & Chilhttp: Care for the Modern Parent by Michel Cohen
This book is about the general anxieties of parents who have become parents for the first time in their life.
4. Understanding Your Newborn and Infant (Simply Parenting) by Mary Ann LoFrumentoThis book covers safety, breastfeeding, development phases, cleaning, equipment, baby care, “well baby” doctor checkups and lots of other topics. The book comes with a DVD.
5. 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. PhelanIf you are unable to control your child’s misbehavior then this book will work wonders. The fundamental thought behind 123 magic is quite easy. Whenever your child behaves badly, start counting 1, 2 and by the time you reach 3 he should be able to control himself and stop misbehaving. This can really do wonders and help your child to concentrate and recover himself.
6. Discipline that Works: 5 Simple Steps by Joyce Divinyi
This book gives suggestions to parents to teach their children to behave properly. The book presents 5 methods which include questions, teaching skills and short positive commands.
7. Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family by Ellyn Satter
This book is written for the parents of toddlers who are fussy eaters. Parents will find help in developing a healthy eating habit for their children.