- Coping with Divorce Cultivating Your Child’s FeelingsPosted 343 days ago
- Tips For Parents To Find More Time In Your Busy SchedulePosted 343 days ago
- 10 Tips Of Keeping The Marriage Happy While ParentingPosted 344 days ago
- How To Deal With Unwanted Parenting AdvicePosted 344 days ago
- Five Things Every Parent Of A Special Child Should KnowPosted 345 days ago
- Traditional Remedies To Improve Fertility NaturallyPosted 345 days ago
- Prenatal Massages Various Benefits For The Expectant MotherPosted 345 days ago
Ways to Deal with Heartburn During Pregnancy
Heartburn is common during pregnancy and it occurs when stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. As your pregnancy moves on to the later stage, your baby starts growing and your abdomen gets crowded. This results in slow down of the elimination of waste from your body and thus resulting to heartburn.
There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself relieved from the pain of heartburn during pregnancy. You should eating food that trigger to heartburn such as chocolate, citrus fruits, tomatoes, mustard, vinegar, mint products and highly spicy things.
You should also avoid fried food during pregnancy to get rid of heartburn. Drinks containing caffeine and alcohol should be avoided. You should avoid eating big meals; instead you should eat little at regular intervals. Do not eat fast.
You should take time while you eat your food. Drink a lot of water along with other fluids, as they help in eliminating waste out of your body giving you relieve from heartburn.
Always sit in an upright position on a comfortable chair and avoid slouching. Always wear clothes that are comfortable and are not tight especially around your belly area. Whenever there is a necessity to bend try to bend at the knees so that there is no pressure on your stomach.
While sleeping you should keep in mind that your head is elevated from the bed to a height of six to eight inches. By doing this you are allowing gravity to work and this helps your stomach acids to be where, it should be. Do not eat any antacids that have sodium compounds in them as they are bad for your health and might elaborate some problems.
If the problem persists even after following these rules you should consult your doctor and ask for other possible natural remedies and respective medicines that can be taken during pregnancy.